Almost all homeowners face clogged drains at some point. It is usually caused by things like toys or food going down the drain.
It’s essential to clean the pipes to avoid damaging them and ensure the water can flow through properly.
Your home’s water pipes work very hard to move dirty water and waste away from your house.
Unfortunately, sometimes the pipes get blocked, and they can’t do their job properly. It can have some severe consequences for your home plumbing system. If you’re having problems with blocked drain Southern Highlands, you have two choices:
- Hydro-jet cleaning
Hydro-jet cleaning is a way to clear clogged drains. You use a long pipe with a special nozzle on the end that is connected to a machine.
This machine produces high-pressure water to clean the clog and the entire pipe. Hydro-jetting is very effective for big clogs. It is the best option if you have a clog that cannot be cleared quickly.
Some pipes can’t take the force of hydro-jetting, so you can use a drain snake in these cases. As Drain snake service is a cheaper option.
However, Hydro-jetting is the best way to clear a blocked drain Southern Highlands from a sewer line.
This method uses high-pressure water to remove the clog. If tree roots are in the line or other methods have not worked, hydro-jetting is the best option.
Hydro-jetting can clear away serious clogs. It does this by cutting through things like dried concrete, wood, grease, and tree roots.
Hydro-jetting also cleans the pipes thoroughly, which can help prevent future clogs from happening.
Advantages of Hydro Jetting
- Hydro jetting is a good way to clean your pipes. It doesn’t leave debris behind and can remove things like grease, hair, and leaves. Even tree roots. So, it’s a great way to clear and keep your drains flowing freely.
- Using a hydro jetting method can save money in the long run. It is a little more expensive than just cleaning your pipes with a snaking method, but since it gets them clean, you won’t need to call a plumber for a while.
Disadvantages of Hydro Jetting
- The main disadvantage is that it’s a more expensive option than snaking. The cost of hiring a professional can be high. But, it may be worth it if you have a severe clog.
A plumbing snake is a flexible, long metal tube. You use it to clear clogs from drains. There are two types of plumbing pipes, one for toilets and one for sinks.
A long, flexible metal tube is inserted into the pipe to clear the clog. The tube has blades on the end that helps to pull out the waste from the drain.
Drain snakes are a good way to clear a small blocked drain Southern Highlands.
It is a good option for minor clogs that have not gone too deep into the line. It is a good option to use if you want to try to clear the clog before calling a professional.
When using a drain snake, it is important to be careful. You do not want to destroy your pipes. If you are unsure how to use it, ask a professional for help from GPS Plumbing & Drainage.
Advantages of Snaking Method
- Snaking is a good way to clear minor and basic clogs. If your home doesn’t have a modern plumbing system, you may want to consider using a snake to clear your drains. Older homes usually have weaker pipes that can’t handle the pressure of hydro jetting.
- Another advantage of the snaking method is it is very affordable. You can do it yourself if you do not want to hire a professional. It is not the case with other methods like hydro jetting, which is expensive and requires the services of a drain cleaning company.
Disadvantages of Snaking
- The main disadvantage of snaking is that it can only clear basic and minor clogs. It’s not effective for more serious clogs. If you have a significant blockage, you’ll need to use another method, like hydro jetting, to remove it.
Which Is Better?
There are two ways to clear out a clog: a snake or a hydro jet. Snakes can clear out small clogs, but if the clog is bigger, you might need to use a hydro jet.
Hydro jets work better to clear out pipes and clogged drains. Depending on the type of clog, it will be your decision which method you choose.
While hydro jets are more advanced, they are sometimes needed when the snaking method can’t do the job.
Even sometimes hydro jetting can cause damage to pipes. Plumbers need to inspect the pipe before they start hydro jetting carefully.
It’s also really important that only professionals do hydro jetting because your pipes could be damaged due to water pressure. If your drain is just clogged with toilet paper or hair, you might be able to use plumbing snakes to clear it.
But hydro jetting will be the best solution if tree roots have grown in your drain pipes. So both methods of cleaning clogged drain are good depending on the type of problem you’re having.
Using both a snake and a hydro jet to clear out your blocked drain Southern Highlands is best. That way, you’re sure to eliminate the clog and won’t have to worry about returning it.
If you’re unsure which method to use, you can always ask a professional plumber for help. They will be able to look at the situation and let you know which option is best for your needs.
Disclaimer: This is a generic Information & post; content about the services can be changed from time to time as per your requirements and contract. To get the latest and updated information, contact us today or visit our website.